Pinkie's Adventure Pinkie's Adventure

i love the "butter building" part. it's pretty well done. (one of the best kirby songs) :D and the vocals aren't perfect (singing and word choice) but they're still nice nonetheless. and the fact you applied this to pinkie pie is great. but the ending... (this is my opinion) Why would you make the gory Cupcakes fanfic reference? i didn't mind the party of one part but the whole murder thing ruins it for me :'( I never got into the gory mlp fimfics (cupcakes, rainbow factory,etc.) or any .MOV mlp stuff so maybe it's just me. still on the first part of the song good job. :)

Psyguy responds:

The part with Marx's theme isn't a reference to Cupcakes. There's an entire episode dedicated to Pinkie losing her mind and getting moody. That is her canon personality painted by the people producing the show. To do a song about Pinkie Pie and ignore a major personality trait wouldn't be doing the character justice. There is a very brief reference to Pinkie being on the computer writing a story about Cupcakes. If I didn't at least address cupcakes, albeit briefly, everyone would be left with "Well, why didn't you talk about Cupcakes". It's so infamous that I feel not mentioning would leave a giant void in the viewer's mind. This way we get the whole experience - Happy Pinkie, depressed Pinkie, then the Cupcakes thing, then a joke about "I'm not gonna murder you" with a big stupid grin on Pinkie to take us out.

Kingdom Hearts Medly Kingdom Hearts Medly

A bit bland

Pros:
I can't criticize your choice of songs since i'm a huge fan of the Kingdom Hearts soundtrack. The music wasn't irritating to the ear (I'm glad you didn't make some crappy techno remake.)
Cons:
There were too many long-held notes in the background and it was taken too slowly. You tried to mix too many different melodies at once and didn't do justice to them individually. the harp in Dearly Beloved wasn't bad but the brass swelling whole notes mildly irritated me. Sanctuary was a bit too repetitive in the background structure and your approach was too generic.
Also:
Where was that third song in the medley that you couldn't name? I couldn't hear it. I only heard Sanctuary and Dearly Beloved.

Minecraft - Survival Required Minecraft - Survival Required

Plagerism!!!!

From 0:18-0:42 you used a song called "sorrow" by FuNaNdMoRe. Here's the link:

http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/liste n/235120

I do not appreciate the plagiarism, but the song is pretty well made. It would make cave exploring even more nerve racking than it already can be. I also might use this in an upcoming minecraft web series I'm making if you and FuNaNdMoRe both agree to let me.

Kherr responds:

I didn't plagiarize anything. We both happened to use MAGIX Music Maker to make our music. It's a soundloop that we both happen to have. I had never even heard of this person before. Please do not accuse me of plagiarism before you know how the authors make their music. I still have the work file if anyone cares to look for themselves.

Anyway, now that that's out of the way, I do appreciate the review! :D

Lugias song piano version Lugias song piano version

Great melody. Ive had that stuck in my head for years. Practice on doing more with the song. multiple instruments and tracks. Dont worry about making it too fancy. Just make it kind of complex and too the point where you like it. I would suggest orchestral. Its easy. make another part left hand piano then a string bass part, then viola/violin part, and flute part, etc.... one part on another. And maybe like 2 or 3 sections. you'll be happy with what you did after words. Work on it. Its a really a nice melody to work with. And dont worry if people vote you down. Just keep practicing making music. Finally, what program did you use?

Insanctuary - Back & Fort Insanctuary - Back & Fort

i dont know how to put it...

So beautiful yet so...sad. It reminds me of this emotional place or rather feeling. Lonliness, emptiness, sadness... a place of darkness. The world can be a good place as well as a bad one. in the darkness though there are orbs of light. the orbs, at a closer look are people. and you wonder, what makes yourself different from them. how can they make their own warm light while you just blend with the cold dark. Some like you said are also in the dark yet they just close their eyes and imagine there is light where there is not. Others howl in frustration and curse the darkness. Still, others have given up. And there are those who are in darkness, but somehow surpass it and make their own light. And there are those stars that just fade into nothing, by ignorance and closing their eyes or by submission finding light too hard and pointless to continue to make..

The song reminds me how this wide expanse of darkness is so beautiful yet sad. I cant find a critique for the song and i like it. In my narrow experience with it, the only requirement for ambient music is the ability for the song to bring out and somewhat comfortably capture a certain emotion in a listener. I have never made ambient music so if you know that there is more to it please tell me tell me. Its a rather interesting genre. Good job.

You, youre a rare type of person. You open your eyes even if you'd rather not see what youre looking at. Thanks for making this song.

Insanctuary responds:

Mhmm.. I am very tired as of now. That doesn't keep me from indulging myself in your wise words. This was splendid. Bravo. You truly felt exactly in a whole different alteration what I made this song for. I really enjoyed this one. 5/5 10/10 for your review. Loved every bit of it. Happy New Years ^-^

[NB] Megaman 3 StageSelect mix [NB] Megaman 3 StageSelect mix

So close!

The melody and instrumentation is amazing. Love the switches between the retro and modern style. The piano sounds great here. You did a great job remixing. My only complaint is that it is the same melody over and over! This song bothers me because it is so close to a 10/10. Just another good melody section and it would be there. I know its not your song to begin with. But maybe an appropriate original improv melody? Alas, it is your remix so do what you want. Its still really well made, so keep making music.

weemeee responds:

Yeah i guess, i just wanted to stick to the original, you're right tho the original is only a 10 second loop, but if i were to make a new melody it would reduce the nostalgia factor, (which is a pretty big deal to me as i absolutely love the original of this, i personally don't think i could make a better melody out of it) But yeah in any case i'm glad you liked it, thanks for the review!

Bell Hop Sky High Bell Hop Sky High

Can't think of a word

I like it. Have to admit its pretty impressive with headphones. And what else? Longer? Meh... everyone always says that about good songs unless their painfully long, which can make them annoying. I can live with the shortness considering this is the 18th time its replayed as i'm writing this sentence. It would be interesting to see it more developed. But if you don''t feel like it, whatever. It is your song. On whole nice work. Keep it up.

Everlasting-Elements responds:

Yeah man, I'm glad you like it. It was just something I had fun with. High as fuck, as this is the outcome. Maybe I will come back to this, I dunno.

Ocean Star {durn} Ocean Star {durn}

adventure!

Reminds me of a quest of some sort. Maybe in a human civilization in another dimension? Unsuspecting Hero walks through some portal by a turn of fate. Giant, majestic landscape: huge plains; high mountains; lush dangerous jungles and forests; beautiful, unpolluted ocean; ancient ruins... and magic? Why not. Like a giant RPG. Kind of good vs. kind of good vs. kind of bad vs. really bad. Then the hero must prevent the order of dimensions from collapsing to protect everything dear to him and pretty much everyone else.

(i know, not original. Narnia, kingdom hearts, etc. but that's what it reminds me of.)

On whole interesting song. One of the better in my newgrounds collection. Keep it up!

durn responds:

:) Thanks MeedealMastar!

Ooooh, magic! I like magic! :D Lol, definitely love the multi-dimension idea too. You'd better make a game! :)

-Chaotic- -Chaotic-

Running out of adjectives...

Even I don't know that many ways of saying "amazing". Anyways, good job as always. I like how you keep your songs somewhat intense, upbeat, and graceful, all at the same time. You definitely have talent. Thanks for giving electronica a good name.

-MeedeaMastar

-My autumn love- -My autumn love-

Moving

This song really got to me. It has powerful emotion in it, specifically... well bliss, happiness.... I'm usually not sentimental but you made a great song. Whenever, you wrote this, you were definitely in bliss (the title explains the rest.) Don't be afraid to submit songs. Even if one person enjoys a song (though i know many more would in your case) it's worth being shown to the world. As always, good job, Waterflame.